Silagra tablets 100mg are used to treat erectile dysfunction in men, which is inability to achieve or maintain a hard erect penis suitable for sexual activity, due to insufficient blood flow into the penis. Silagra tablets 100mg relax the blood vessels in the penis increasing blood flow and causing an erection, which is the natural response to sexual stimulation. However, Silagra 100 will only work if you are sexually aroused and belongs to generics of Viagra drugs.
The main component of Silagra is Sildenafil. Sildenafil affects the response to sexual stimulation. It acts by enhancing smooth muscle relaxation using nitric oxide, a chemical that is normally released in response to sexual stimulation. This smooth muscle relaxation allows increased blood flow into certain areas of the penis, which leads to an erection.
Sildenafil is applied for the ED-treatment in men and pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Sildenafil may also be used for other purposes not listed above.
Silagra tablets 100mg should be taken within an hour of planned sex and in most cases it helps you to get an erection in about 30 minutes that will last for around 4 hours, provided you are sexually excited. Silagra 100 does not work if you are not aroused.
Silagra is contraindicated in patients taking another medicine to treat impotence or using a nitrate drug for chest pain or heart problems.
This medicine should not be taken by women and children as well as in patients with a known hypersensitivity to any component of the tablet.
You should not use Silagra if you:
- have a condition where sexual intercourse inadvisable due to cardiovascular or heart problems or you have had a heart attack or stroke in the last 6 months
- have liver disease
- have abnormally high or low blood pressure
- have an eye disease like non-arteritic anterior ischaemic optic neuropathy (NAION), which causes loss of vision or if you have retinitis pigmentosa
- are allergic to sildenafil or any other ingredients in Silagra 100mg tablets
- are taking medication that may interact with Silagra or may increase your risk for side-effects, including cimetidine for treating ulcers, antibiotics like erythromycin and rifampicin, verapamil or diltiazem (for high blood pressure), ritonavir or saquinavir (for HIV), itraconazole or ketaconazole (for fungal infections) alpha-blockers; like amlodipine for high blood pressure
The most common side effects are headache, flushing, heartburn, stomach upset, nasal stuffiness, lightheadedness, dizziness or diarrhea.
A serious allergic reaction to this drug is very rare, but seek immediate medical help if it occurs.
Many people using this medicine do not have serious side effects.
In case you notice any side effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.